Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Potato Chip Scarf


DD#1's Secret Santa gift is finished. The name she picked from the hat was BA's. BA loves *pink* so DD & I went 'stash diving' to see what we could come up with before we headed out the door to the LYS.

Stash diving was very productive as we came up with this yarn. It is called "Mingca" (70% acrylic, 15% wool, 15% mohair) & I used 4 - 50g skeins. This yarn was gifted to me in a bag of yarn. DD loves it and because it is pink we are sure BA will love it too.

The pattern I used is here. There is also another wider and bulkier scarf here.

I started off with 200 stitches for this scarf & with the pattern doubling the stitches on Rows 2, 4, & 6 I ended up with 1600 stitches to cast off.

What is the most stitches you have cast off?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a beautiful scarf! My compliments!

3:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is such a great scarf isn't it...looks so much trickier than it is.

11:24 am  
Blogger Sarah in Houston said...

I am working on this scarf right now! It was really tricky getting all those stitches on the needles. I used about 4 circular needles to divide it up. How did you do it? It is taking forever to bind off.

8:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

8:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home