Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sewing Today, No Knitting!

I am in desperate need of a new purse. Mine does not close. I have been looking for another bag for a while. I HATE shopping for a bag/purse because I can never find one that I like.

I have just joined this group
Refashion Wardrobe
& the term of my contract is 2 months.

Now how do I get another bag with buying one. Well the solution is simple. MAKE ONE!!

I started with a kids book from the library that DD had checked out called "In.jean.uity" to do some sewing. The idea behind this book is to recycle jeans & there was a cute bag in it. I really liked the bag it was simple but thats what I want. Well the bag turned out HIDEOUS!! so I took it apart and started again.

I then went in search of this book in DD's bedroom.
(Oh the horrors!!!)

DD had made a purse a while ago from the top of an old pair of jeans and I really liked it.


Here is the finished bag.
I absolutely LOVE it!!!


It is made not from the top of a pair of jeans, but a jean skirt. I just had to turn it inside out and stitch the bottom then put the flap on. The flap is a placemat. My favourite flower is the "Sunflower." (Freesia's are toooo hard to grow!!) I did not want to hassle with a zipper or other type of fastener for my purse so the placemat flap is perfect!!

Inside of my purse

2 Comments:

Blogger roseygirl said...

OMG! I made a purse like this when I was a teen, what memories :)

10:22 pm  
Blogger kat said...

oh great job!

12:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home