Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Knit From Your Stash 2007

I have come up with a combination of the "Knit From Your Stash 2007" rules & the "Stashalong" rules.

Knit From Your Stash 2007: Guidelines for ME!

1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.

2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:

  • If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that I really and truly DO NOT have the yarn for, I may buy yarn to knit that gift.
  • If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project.
  • I get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- I am allowed to fall off the wagon one time.

3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn.

4. These goals have to coincide with Stashalong -- I have decided to continue with the Original Rules as I have done so well this year!


Stashalong - Option 1: The Original Rules

(1) Choose a Stashalong time frame(1 month minimum choice), 2 months, 3 months, etc). Remember that during that time frame you will not buy any yarn (buying patterns, bags, and books are up to you)

(2) Choose some of your stash you would like to knit on during that time(maybe it's something you can finish, maybe it's for a gift or deadline or KAL).

(3) Post your start date and finish date. You could also include a picture of the yarn you'll be using and maybe some details about the pattern.

(4) Post your results at the end--did you finish it, did you crack and buy something, fill us in on your Stashalong victory!

(5) Have fun.

(6) Start and end anytime(within a one month minimum). You don't have to start at the beginning of a month just pick a date spanning 30 days and you're ready to roll!

The following rules are still in effect for EVERYONE no matter how you choose to play:

!!!The 3 strike rule will be in effect. You cheat 3 times and you are out.

!!!With OPTION 1: If you choose to Stashalong for 2 months or more, you can allow yourself ONE (1) day off per month for stash enhancement. The days off are not cumulative--use 'em or lose 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home