Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Meet Freddie!

Acer palmatum dissectum 'Crimson Queen'

Acer palmatum dissectum 'Crimson Queen' or Cutleaf Japanese Maple. I have always wanted one & I had to wait 18 years for him! Also when I won a gift certificate to a wholesale nursery, I informed DH that the gift certificate was going towards a Cutleaf Japanese Maple.

After waiting 18 years for this tree, I told DD he HAD to have a name & said there was NO WAY I was going to call him 'Queen' as the variety is 'Crimson Queen'. Besides it definitely did not suit him.
DD: (with a twinkle in her eye) said why not 'Freddie'
Me: Why on earth would I call him 'Freddie'?
DD: (she only had to say 2 words) 'Freddie Mercury'
She had been listening to DH's CD entitled "Queen's Greatest Hits"
Me: Laughing I said Absolutely purrrrrfect!!!

& that's how he got his name.

He is definitely "the Love of my Life" & I am NOT a gardener!!
DH can attest to that!!

1 Comments:

Blogger hesira said...

I LOVE it! A tree named after Freddie Mercury! I had to comment, because I have been listening & watching a lot of Queen lately. Beautiful little tree.

9:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home