Saturday, March 31, 2007

Look What I Have Been Doing?

I may not have been knitting but I sure have been busy. Look & See!!

DH has a part-time business & the logo is the Sunflower. My favourite flower is the sunflower!! DH has always wanted sunflower & vegetable neckties to wear when he does presentations.

I was in Fabricland on Wednesday & I found some sunflower material. He was thrilled so bought what was left on the bolt, 3.5 metres. I am sure he will find something else for me to make with what is left of the material.

This is the pattern I used to make the neckties 'Kwik Sew 3183'. I have never made a tie before so this was going to be interesting. I started on Wednesday & finished today, Saturday.

Here is the end results!

He only got .75 metre of the Pumpkin & Apple material, & I was able to get two ties from the pumpkin material & only one from the apple material as the overall pattern of the apple material was not conducive to the look of the tie. I do not like the Apple Tie as much as the other ties but DH was adamant that it would go great with a black shirt. See for yourself. Tie is on a black background. I must admit it does look great on black.

He also wanted an apron for when he does workshop presentations so the sunflower material was perfect.

The pattern for the apron was taken from this Inniskillen apron.

Here is the end result

I am thrilled with the results. DH is ecstatic!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home